Thursday, 9/13 @ 6PM: Search Engine Optimization 101.
Search engines have been around for ages, yet their algorithms are an ever moving target, with results that are critical to many businesses’ success or failure. Join Viktor Grant from Earthgrid, an expert in the field, this Thursday @ 6PM @ WORK and get a great introduction to Search Engine Optimization, from the core technology, to how it applies to your site, to effective strategies for optimizing your search relevance. It will be a fascinating evening!
NOTE: This is a working session, so be sure to bring your laptop/phone/tablet and let us know if you are coming using the form below.
Here are more details from Viktor:
Since Google’s Panda algorithm was unleashed on the world, there is a lot less junk out there. Most SEO consultants went out of business – many friends of mine switched to ‘local seo’ tactics which are nothing more than yellow page ranking techniques. Me? My clients traffic went up. Their sites went higher up and became more relevant.
Why? Because the techniques I use for SEO are ones that originated 15 years ago and still apply today. Sure, times have changed, but the tried and true methods still work, and most modern SEO consultants read too much and analyze it way too much. It’s actually not that hard to understand but only if you understand the foundational principles of SEO.
This introductory course will teach you how to:
- What is Content to a Search Engine? It’s way different than content to you and me.
- Understanding the difference between on-page, on-site and off-page and off-site SEO
- Understanding linking strategies – do’s and don’ts
- Research tools to help you select keywords that ‘pull’ web site visitors to your web site
- How to organize your website structure in a natural way to favor search engine rankings, and easy ways to build site-maps
- How to put keywords into your web site to achieve relevance in your target field of interest
- Black Hat SEO – what is it? Why it is both fun and dangerous for your business.
- When to do SEO for yourself and when its best to hire someone to do your SEO for you.
In this webinar we will look at several actual SEO projects we’ve completed successfully and discuss practical ways you can apply this knowledge immediately to your business.