Doors open at 6:00 PM, program begins at 6:30 PM.
This event is FREE but RSVP IS REQUIRED, as space is limited.
WORK Petaluma hosts a modern twist on the traditional salon, entertaining you with conversations on fascinating topics meant to challenge your intellect and inspire new ideas. Come with an open mind and enjoy a fabulous evening.
As a part of North Bay Innovation Week, WORK Petaluma poses the question: How do we improve quality of life through quality of work?
Look around the North Bay and you’ll find a common theme – people creating meaningful lives and companies creating meaningful work. It’s no coincidence that these two aspirations go hand in hand. From science and agriculture to technology and manufacturing, we are at the forefront of exciting innovations intent on improving our quality of life.
Join us in conversation with local leaders from a variety of industries as they share their innovative ideas:
- Aseem Das, founder and CEO of World Centric – A socially responsible company providing plant based plastic/stryofoam alternatives to reduce environmental impact.
- Tara Smith, founder of Tara Firma Farms – Grow the mind, to grow the soil, to grow the food that strengthens the community.
- Martin Fornage, co-founder and CTO of Enphase Energy – The world leader in microinverter technology for the solar industry.
- Dr. Sean Mooney, Associate Professor at the Buck Institute – Using computers to enable the next generation of biomedical research to improve human health.
- Laura Howard-Gayeton, founder Laloo’s Goat Milk Ice Cream, co-founder Lexicon of Sustainability. – Specializing in innovations in food and media for a healthier, more sustainable world.
- Torri Estrada of the Carbon Cycle Institute – Advancing natural, science-based solutions to stop and reverse global warming.
To see photos from past salon-style events go here.