Many companies claim to be green, socially responsible, and committed to the triple bottom line – now consumers are demanding proof that those claims are true.
B Corp (Benefit Corporation) Certification is a clear way to set your business apart from those that are just good at “green” marketing. B Corps meet the highest standards for social and environmental performance and accountability. This third-party verification is the proof consumers need — and is just one of many benefits of becoming a Certified B Corp.
B Corp Certification isn’t just for corporations. It’s also tailored for sole proprietorships, LLCs, LLPs, and any other for-profit business model. How do you know if it’s a good fit for your company?
Come find out! During this session, you will become expert on:
· B Corp Certification – what it is, and how to attain it.
· The 3 main reasons businesses seek B Corp Certification.
· Whether B Corp Certification is the right strategy for your company, large or small.
· The many (unexpected!) benefits of B Corp Certification.
· Some common misconceptions about B Corp Certification and legal benefit corporation status, and the difference between the two (and why this is the most exciting thing to hit corporate law since 1811. Really.).
· How the B Corp movement is redefining success in business.
Plug in to the power of the B Corp community, and count the ways that B Corp Certification can benefit your business (so many!).
$10 at the door for Non WORK Members – help us keep the lights on and keep great programs coming your way! WORK Members FREE including Friends of WORK! (a special membership level for you regular attendees)
12-1 PM in the WORK Library. Feel free to bring a bag lunch.
Bio: Heather Paulsen, MS, PMP, works with organizations to enhance their social and environmental responsibility, and to establish more sustainable project management methodologies. Heather started her consulting company after more than 15 years of professional experience in complex operational settings such as healthcare, non-profit management, and project management. She has provided leadership and technical assistance to many teams as they faced the challenges of organizational shift and culture change, technological innovation and a rapidly changing business environment.
Heather Paulsen Consulting provides support to businesses seeking to become Certified B Corps and improve their positive social and environmental impacts. Learn more about our services online at hpaulsenconsulting.com, email us at Heather@hpaulsenconsulting.com, or call us at (916) 835-2953.