In this half day workshop with with commercial photographer Tyler Chartier, you’ll learn how to use the camera you already own to create images that tell the story of your marketing message and dovetail with your brand.
Through demonstration, hands on shooting, and discussion we’ll explore conceptual frameworks and specific techniques that will help your photos break through the noise and deliver your message.
We’ll explore the following themes:
• What makes an image successful?
• Seeing vs. perceiving and strategies for pre-visualizing images
• Light: See it, change it and use it to your advantage
• Composition: Tips, tricks and pitfalls to avoid
• Technology: Do expensive cameras really take better photos?
• Digital Darkroom: Do I need to buy Photoshop? (hint: no)
We’ll discuss ideas and techniques for photography businesses need:
• Architectural spaces
We’ll practice hands-on shooting:
• Practice shooting using the ideas and techniques learned during the class with your own camera.
• Group exploration of practice photos to learn what worked, what didn’t and why.
BIO: Tyler Chartier is an architectural and commercial photographer based in Petaluma who helps companies connect with their customers through photographs. Beyond Tyler’s technical skill as a photographer, his understanding of branding and marketing allows him to create photographs that emotionally inspire his clients’ audience. Learn more at www.tylerchartier.com
DATE: Sat May 21st from 9AM-1PM (refreshments included)
LOCATION: In the WORK Library – 10 Fourth Street, Petaluma
COST: $135 early bird special! $165 late bird (after 5/18/16). WORK Members and non-profits receive an additional $30 discount. (Want to be a Member? Check out our Friends of WORK level: http://workpetaluma.com/friends-of-work/ ) And see NOTE below for multi-class deals!
NOTE: This is Session #7 of a nine part series. See the full lineup here. WORKshops can be taken individually, or you can take the whole series for a complete experience. Buy two classes, get the third half off.