These high-impact WORKshops offer small class sizes, hands-on learning, and important information for the do-it-yourself business professional.
In this half day workshop with professional photographer Tyler Chartier, you’ll learn how to use the camera you already own to create images that tell the story of your marketing message and dovetail with your brand.
Through demonstration, hands on shooting, and discussion we’ll explore conceptual frameworks and specific techniques that will help your photos break through the noise and deliver your message.
We’ll explore the following themes:
- What makes an image successful?
- Seeing vs. perceiving and strategies for pre-visualizing images
- Light: see it, change it and use it to your advantage
- Composition: tips, tricks and pitfalls to avoid
- Technology: Do expensive cameras really take better photos?
- Digital Darkroom: do I need to buy Photoshop? (hint: no)
We’ll discuss ideas and techniques for photography businesses need:
- Architectural spaces
We’ll practice hands-on shooting:
- Practice shooting using the ideas and techniques learned during the class with your own camera.
- Group exploration of practice photos to learn what worked, what didn’t and why.
WITH: Tyler Chartier is an architectural and commercial photographer based in Petaluma who helps companies connect with their customers through photographs. Beyond Tyler’s technical skill as a photographer, his understanding of branding and marketing allows him to create photographs that emotionally inspire his clients’ audience. Learn more at www.tylerchartier.com
DATE: Sat Oct 25TH 2014 from 9AM-12PM
CLASS SIZE LIMIT: 16
COST: $145 early bird (before 10/10), $195 late bird – Ask firstname.lastname@example.org about WORK member & non-profit discounts.
REGISTER HERE! – space is limited! When we receive your Meetup RSVP we will email you the link for payment as well as notes on what to bring so you can come prepared and ready to dig in to a fun morning of hands-on learning.
QUESTIONS? Contact Natasha – email@example.com 707-721-6540